The Deeside Olympic
The year was 1956 when a young 16 year old Arnie Lloyd joined
his first cycling club the club was called Corwen Olympic Road
Club Arnie rode for Corwen for two years but the club had to
1957 Arnie Lloyd, John Lloyd, Barnie Davies from Holywell
and Geoff Terry from Shotton decided to form Deeside Olympic
Road Club.The clubs very first club colours were a very
distinctive black white and green. In 1959 Tony Whitehead
joined the club.
Tony’s family had a small café in Queensferry
called Whiteheads café so the club decided to move
its clubroom from Flint to Whiteheads café. The café
was always a good meeting point for the Merseyside cyclist
who would stop there on their rides into North Wales.